Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Now what?

Well I'm here. Mostly all moved in... the living arrangements haven't been decided permanently so for now I'm staying in the living room. lol. The people up here are amazing. Seriously. Just open and fun. I'm really excited to start living here. It's funny, people keep asking me: so why did you move to Marquette? In Grand Rapids I would answer something along the lines of "well i need to get away from everything, and i have to stay in-state..." but when people up here ask me why i'm super honest "God told me to. If He lets you know why I'm here, please share with me, cuz i haven't a clue." I haven't decided which is my answer when i get in job interviews, lol. I feel almost sheltered, but its relaxing. In Grand Rapids i was constantly high-strung trying to balance how much of my spiritual life i talked about and how much i kept to myself. Here, everyone just talks about it out loud. Its so natural. It's completely relaxing. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is where God wants me. And apparently, according to my aunt, God has a job already lined up for me. But here i am, sitting in bed, completely ready to go, and i'm scared out of my mind to get up and go find the job. Seriously? Grow a pair, Summer. But alas, I'm completely spineless right now. Sure, i can move 500 miles from home and not know a single soul... that easy. Finding a job, not so much. Oy veh.

1 comment:

  1. :) I love your honesty....its sooooo good to hear you being you again....i've missed you friend!

    ReplyDelete